[Pmwiki-users] pmwiki-0.6.beta10 released, call for cleanup

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu Feb 12 19:41:52 CST 2004

PmWiki version 0.6.beta10 has just been released and is available
from http://www.pmichaud.com/pub/pmwiki.  This is still technically
a development release, but should be fairly stable from this point
out.  I'm currently using this version on the pmichaud.com site
without major difficulty.  If you're wanting to play with the new
release and are willing to live with/help find the remaining bugs,
feel free to use it.

All of the major features slated for inclusion in 0.6.0 have now been
incorporated into PmWiki.  The remaining major tasks before officially
releasing 0.6.0 will be to update the documentation, provide a 0.5-layout
compatibility module,  and update a few other modules (e.g., refcount.php)
to work with the new code.  I can especially use others' help with the
documentation effort--any contributions here would be greatly appreciated.
Feel free to modify the documentation pages on pmichaud.com--in general
it's much easier for me to track/edit/correct what others have
contributed than it is for me to try to write it all on my own. :-)

New features added in recent releases:
* Control over the number of times WikiWords are converted to links,
  both globally and on a per-word basis.
* Ability to provide custom renderings for specific WikiWords.
* The left sidebar now uses the "SideBar" page of the current group,
  otherwise it uses the "SideBar" page of the default group.
* Added a rudimentary "Printable View" capability.

The printable view capability is fairly simplistic compared to some
of the capabilities that John Rankin has been providing via his Cookbook
recipes.  I've chosen to go with the simple implementation for now
and will look into more robust/advanced implementations in future
releases.

I'm also working on reorganizing the cookbook slightly and to provide
more recipes for describing common configuration tasks.

Questions, comments, bugs can be reported to me, the mailing list,
or the Development.Release6 page.