[Pmwiki-users] Disabling WikiWords

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu Feb 12 09:49:51 CST 2004

On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 04:59:31PM +0100, Siegfried Seibert wrote:
> Would it be possible to have the rendering rules not just for the total
> WikiWord, but also for parts of a Wiki Word. Example:
>     $WikiWordReplaceFmt['For'] = ' for ' ;
> The result should be that in all WikiWords the 'And' will be shown as ' and
> ', e. g.
> the WikiWord "TipsForEditing" will be shown as "Tips for Editing".
> The same could be done with other words like "And" ,"To", and so on.

Hmm, this is an interesting idea but I'm not sure how easy it would be
to implement.  I'll have to think about it a while.  One would have to
be careful that "TemplateForm", "AndrewCarnegie", and "MyTopHat" don't
become "Template for m", " and drewCarnegie", and "My to pHat".  Yes,
I know we could say that the word has to be followed by an uppercase
letter, but I'm generally against creating lots of special rules
like this.

Besides, this is what free links are for:
   {{Tips for Editing}}
   {{Ham and Cheese}}