[Pmwiki-users] pmwiki-0.6.beta8 released

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Wed Feb 11 12:19:42 CST 2004

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 01:02:41PM -0600, Jonathan Scott Duff wrote:
> Patrick, have you seen
> http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=ThreeColumnLayouts  ?
>
> I looked through there the other day and saw some "hacks" that might
> prove useful.

Hmm, very nice page--I'll have to look at it further.  I've looked at
many of the sites listed on that page, but not all, and almost all
of the ones I had seen thus far have a problem in that they don't
allow headers or footers on the page, or they use floats which break
badly in IE5/6 if there's really large-width item in the center box
(e.g., the <textarea> box or <pre> text such as at
http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/PmWikiFr/XLPage).  So, I finally decided
enough-was-enough and I'll just resort to tables for now and wait
for browsers to catch up.  It'll be a very easy switch when/if we
ever get there.  :-)

In the meantime, I can add a few of the 3-column layout stylesheets to
pmichaud.com for testing purposes and we can see if those work out.
But rather than spend any more time holding up the 0.6 release trying
to get it to work without tables, I'd rather go with what we have now
and then provide the 3-column div-based stylesheet as a minor release
or Cookbook skin when we finally find one that really works.