[Pmwiki-users] Call for Template Simplicity

Steven Leite steven_leite
Wed Feb 11 08:55:13 CST 2004

>   Of course, it's possible
>   that these admins prefer a simple layout, in which case it's *very*
>   easy in the new layout scheme to turn off the CSS (essentially one
>   just does $PageSkin='none'; in local.php).

I didn't realize that it was that easy.  If that's the case, then what I'd
suggest is to put that line in to the default / shipping local.php files and
then comment it out.  In the comment there should be a brief description of
what it does.  Something like this:

// Default local.php

// For a plain-vanilla PmWiki without CSS or any other fancy formatting,
// just un-comment the line below.  For more information on customizing
// PmWiki to your own tastes, see page {{XXX.YYYzzz}} in your
// PmWiki documentation.
// $PageSkin='none';

That would take care of your category #1 type users! :)

--

While we're on the topic, I'd personally like to know more about how PmWiki
currently format's the layout.  For example, I know stdlayout.php and some

I'd like to know more about how this all works.  By better understanding it,
it will be much easier (and less intimidating) for admin's with not-so-much
css experience to change things to their liking.

--

Steven Leite