[Pmwiki-users] questions

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue Feb 10 08:49:20 CST 2004

On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 07:27:06AM -0800, geoff hopkins wrote:

> When will the beta get out of beta-mode?  am excited
> about using the new wiki stuff!!

Me too!  PmWiki 0.6 will get out of beta mode as soon as I can
clean up the documentation, add a new printable-page module
based on the new layous, and finish the other tests I need to
run.

> Also.. Is it
> possible to make page specific menu's.  Ie.. a main
> web menu for  the group, and then page specific
> additinos to the group menu?  ie.. some kind of
> additional links relative to the page?

Sure, in pmwiki-0.6 you can do this with something like:

  $PageLayoutFmt['wikileft'] =
    array('wiki:Main.SideBar','wiki:$PageName-SideBar');

This would cause the left panel to display the page Main.SideBar, followed
by the current pagename with "-SideBar" added (e.g., for "Main.WikiSandbox"
this would be "Main.WikiSandbox-SideBar").

> just wondering.. Also.. about the style sheets, can we
> make our own CSS styles for it? or do we need to stick
> to the 3 or 4 that you have developed?

You can create your own stylesheets, either as local.css, Group.css,
or Group.PageName.css.  Stylesheets all go in the pub/css directory.

> I am asking a
> lot of questions that may have been answered already,
> but there isnot much info on your website about the
> Beta-Testing Releases...

This is being developed.

> Also.. how will conversions go from previous wiki
> installations?

I really don't know, it's going to depend on the complexity of the
existing installation.  I redid the bulk of the pmichaud.com
conversion in about 30 minutes, so it's not that hard.  Nearly all
of the underlying variables still work as they did before, and I'm
planning to provide a "0.5 compatibility" script that attempts
to restore things to what they were previously.