[Pmwiki-users] Re: right and center alignment

John Rankin john.rankin
Sun Feb 8 17:50:56 CST 2004

On Monday, 9 February 2004 9:30 AM, Christian Ridderstr?m <chr at home.se> wrote:
>On Sat, 7 Feb 2004, John Feezell wrote:

[...]
>We could ask JR how often he writes pages that are right/center
>justified.

I have not seen a need for centred text alignment.

I mainly see right alignment used on long pages where the author wants
to insert a link to the top of the page, so it's close to the scroll
bar and doesn't interfere with reading.

The markup currently used for this is to start a line with:

   =>

I also find it useful to omit right aligned text from the
printable view of a page, because authors normally use it for
navigation.

If I had a need for centred text, I would possibly use:

   =|

Occasionally, we have centred graphics, and these end up as tables:

   || Attach:animage.gif ||

[...]

--
JR