[Pmwiki-users] Re: right and center alignment

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sun Feb 8 14:17:22 CST 2004

On Sun, Feb 08, 2004 at 03:06:26PM -0600, John Feezell wrote:

> After thinking about this, it seems to me that it would be helpful
> to have the option of setting a default line / paragraph alignment
> in GroupAttributes.  Perhaps, if someone was writing poetry, to
> have a default of right alignment would be helpful so that all entries
> on the pages in a group, independent of the author's action,  would
> have the default alignment.

It would make sense to allow the definition of a default WikiStyle,
that is applied whenever no other wikistyles are active.

%text=red define=default%

would cause all remaining non-styled text to be red.  Perhaps the
name should be something better than "default", such as "none",
"nostyle", "unstyled", or even perhaps "".

At the moment my favorite approach is simply %align=right%, %align=center%,
and %align=left%, and it becomes easy for someone to redefine them as
%r$, %c%, and %l% if a shorter version is needed:

%align=right define=r%
%align=center define=c%

%r% This text will be right aligned.
%c% This text will be centered.

I agree that it's probably worthwhile to look at adding %class=...%
to WikiStyles and I'm still working on the logistics for supporting that.