[Pmwiki-users] Odd bug: Edit mode textarea not "current"

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri Feb 6 10:54:43 CST 2004

Robin and others-

I've been able to duplicate the problem you're seeing in IE 6.  The
problem is in the flexlayout script--the script isn't sending
an "Expires:" header on output and so apache is putting a 60-second
expiration time on the edit page, causing the browser to cache it for
a minute before reloading or until the user explicitly hits "Reload".
You can see that this is happening by doing the following:

1.  Edit a page and save some changes
2.  You should be able to observe that the page has your changes
3.  Click the "Edit Page" link
4.  The text box might show your changes in it, but if it doesn't,
    then click the back button on your browser and hit "Edit Page"
    again.  You can keep doing this for about 60 seconds, after
    which the cached (incorrect) version will expire and the
    correct version gets loaded.

The problem is that flexlayout.php isn't sending the $HTTPHeaders
containing the Expires: tag in the Edit page.  This can be fixed
by changing the lines near the end of the script from:

    $HandleEditFmt = array (
        &$HTMLStartFmt,
        &$PageEditFmt,
        "wiki:PmWiki.EditQuickReference",
        &$HTMLEndFmt
    );

    $HandleEditFmt = array (
        "headers:",
        &$HTMLStartFmt,
        &$PageEditFmt,
        "wiki:PmWiki.EditQuickReference",
        &$HTMLEndFmt
    );

Or, I've taken the liberty of updating the flexlayout.php script that
is available in the Cookbook--you can just download the new version,
install it, and all should be well.

Pm