[Pmwiki-users] Idea for visual anchors

Christian Ridderström chr
Thu Feb 5 14:10:07 CST 2004

Hi

There's a pretty big FAQ at the LyX wiki site now, and sometimes when a
person asks a question I know is in the FAQ, I go there and search for it.
Then I want to e-mail the person a link pointing to this specific item.
Of course, in order for the link to be possible, an anchor is needed, e.g:

	Q:[[#theQuestion]]To be or not to be?

The problem is that in order to create the link, I need to know the name
of the anchor, which I (as it is now) only can find out by looking at the
wiki source.

One possible solution is to use a table of contents, because then I could
that points to the item. A drawback with this solution is that once you've
located the item you are looking for, you have to go looking for the
correct entry in the TOC.

Note: Some wikis improve this situation by converting the entire question
into a link that points back to the TOC.

However, the solution I'm thinking of is that anchors (possibly using a
slightly different markup) would cause a visible 'anchor'-icon appear that
is a link to itself basically. This way, you just right click on the icon
and do "copy link adress".

One possible markup for an anchor that's visible like this could be:
	[[##anchor]]

and here's an example of what the HTML could be like:
	http://www.md.kth.se/~chr/test.shtml

/Christian