[Pmwiki-users] Odd bug: Edit mode textarea not "current"

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu Feb 5 12:02:20 CST 2004

On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 04:47:20PM -0800, Robin Martin wrote:
> Hopefully someone can point me to an explanation on what's going on
> here.  Apologies if it's been covered.
>
> I've got pmwiki 0.5.27 running on Apache 1.3 and PHP 4.1.2 and am
> running into an odd bug.  I can setup new pages and edit their contents
> just fine, but anytime I go into edit mode more than once on a page I
> get the previous content in the textarea form.  Refreshing the page
> grabs the current page content.
>
> Even navigating away from the page and coming back results in old
> content in the form.  The really odd part is that is only seems to
> affect about 75% of the browsers I've tested it on.

I've heard this occur on systems and we've never been able to locate
the problem.  I've always decided that the problem can be traced to
an incorrectly configured cache or proxy server somewhere.  It's also
worth checking that system clocks are set correctly.

> Here's a link to see for yourself:
> http://larcdma.sdsu.edu/agendawiki/index.php

I'll give it a try later and see what I can find.