[Pmwiki-users] User name in Beta4

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu Feb 5 12:00:03 CST 2004

On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 10:12:13PM +0100, Jean-Claude wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In order to encourage new users (contributors, people, authors, etc)
> to fill in
> their own page I think that the system should provide a potential link
> to the "name"
> they provide, whatever it is:
> Right now, when using [[$LastModifiedBy]]:
> - JeanClaude triggers a ?, as expected,
> - Jean-Claude does not; it should!
> - JCG or jcg do not; they should!

I agree that they should--I just haven't had a chance to update the
$LastModifiedBy link appropriately, because I'm waiting for a decision
to be made about the signature syntax to see if it might be appropriate.

> And the Author box just don't take into account {{name }}. So there is
> no way to click on an author's name to go to his page?

It's coming!  Some features depend on the existence or decisions made
on other features!  :-)