[Pmwiki-users] Re: More blue skye stuff...

John Feezell JohnFeezell
Tue Feb 3 16:56:42 CST 2004

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 15:30:46 -0800 (PST), Patrick Bohnet <hquu at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Well... this may sound odd... but since we are going all blue skye and
> all
>
> I would like the ability to make a wiki page have a forced format... for
> instance
>
> At work my group does alot of reports on application performance...
> there is a nice form we use,
> one that management uses when to print thier reports... if we could
> force the user to edit the
> values in these forms... it would be like a normal wiki in that any web
> user could edit it... but
> instead of one large edit box for the entire page... it would have an
> edit box for each portion of
> the form... and maybe a drop down or radio buttons for other parts of
> the form...
>
> or my girlfreind likes role playing games... and wants to store her
> charicter sheets in a wiki for
> her games...
>
> basically it would be a customly formated page... maybe this could be
> done by having certian pages
> use a custom editing php page insteas of the default one... this php
> file would know how to read
> the stored html and how to save it?
>
> I guess i want to force certian pages to look a certian way... and right
> now the only way is just
> to remind everyone....

Patrick,

I'm working on a Form Template System that works with PmWiki that is
intended to do what you described above. I'd be interested in seeing a
copy of both the application performance reports you use and the role
playing games character sheets that your girlfriend uses.  If you would be
willing to supply these to me, I'll see if I can develop a form that would
do what you want and then place it in an area where you could experiment
with it.  You can email the forms to me in PDF format if you're
interested.  Just send them to JohnFeezell at 3wplace.com off-list.  Assuming
that I can create the forms, when they're ready I'll post a note to the
list so others could see them also.

Let me know what you think.

/JF