[Pmwiki-users] Re: Authors/Users WikiGroup?

Christian Ridderström chr
Mon Feb 2 15:37:23 CST 2004

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, Thomas -Balu- Walter wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 01:28:18PM -0700, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > Assuming that there's a default WikiGroup that will contain information
> > for each of the authors on the system, what should this group be called
> > be default?  "Users" is traditional, but I've never been particularly
> > fond of that word--too impersonal, overused, and non-descriptive.
> > Would it be better to have such a group called "People" or "Authors" instead?
> > Or is "Users" just too well entrenched to be changed?
>
> Many people are used to Users I'd guess. If we decide for something
> different I'd use People. Many LDAP admins use "people" as one part of the
> tree to store the users in.

'Users' is probably familar to most people... even though a 'User' doesn't
necessarily write things, wheras 'Authors', 'Writers' or 'Contributors'
typically do.  Although a bit long, I'd probably vote for 'Contributors'
because it doesn't specify how you've contributed, just that you have.

/Christian