[Pmwiki-users] Authors/Users WikiGroup?

Thomas -Balu- Walter list+pmwiki-users
Mon Feb 2 14:21:46 CST 2004

On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 01:28:18PM -0700, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> Assuming that there's a default WikiGroup that will contain information
> for each of the authors on the system, what should this group be called
> be default?  "Users" is traditional, but I've never been particularly
> fond of that word--too impersonal, overused, and non-descriptive.
> Would it be better to have such a group called "People" or "Authors" instead?
> Or is "Users" just too well entrenched to be changed?

Many people are used to Users I'd guess. If we decide for something
different I'd use People. Many LDAP admins use "people" as one part of the
tree to store the users in.

I don't like Authors though, since not many people are "Authors", but
just provide minor ideas or similar, but do not author articles or complete
WikiPages.

     Balu