[Pmwiki-users] Fwd: Problem setting CleanURLs for personal Pmwiki

slonik AZ slonik.az
Fri Dec 24 08:31:39 CST 2004

Hi Everybody,
I have serious problems configuring "CleanURLs" for my personal Pmwiki.
I am Running SUSE-9.1 Linux, Apache 2.0.49 with mod_rewrite loaded.
My personal wiki is located at /home/me/publix_hmtl/pmwiki and is being
addressed as http://localhost/~me/pmwiki/
Everything works fine except for my attempts to cleanup URLs.
I followed instructions in
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/CleanUrls, placed .htaccess file
in /home/me/public_html/pmwiki/ directory, modified config.php
accordingly, etc.

Unfortunately, when I try http://localhost/~me/pmwiki/, my wiki is unaccessible.
Browser displays error message "Object not found!" Error 404.
/var/log/apache2/error_log shows error line
[error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: /srv/www/htdocs/pmwiki

Aparently, Apache2 is trying to rewrite my request from my personal
web-space /home/me/public_html/pmwiki into the system wide web-space
/srv/www/htdocs/pmwiki. Certainly, it cannot find pmwiki there.

How can I make sure that the rewritten URL points to my personal web space
http://localhost/~me/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=....
and not to the system-wide one.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

--Leo--