[Pmwiki-users] clean PmWiki URL

Tom Holroyd tomh
Mon Dec 20 11:35:26 CST 2004

Just FYI, here's how I'm doing this.  This seems simpler,
but of course you need root access to the server.

I renamed pmwiki.php to index.php, and then added an alias to the
mod_alias section of httpd.conf:

<IfModule mod_alias.c>
	# Wiki
	Alias /wiki "/path/to/wiki/index.php"
</IfModule>

I have symbolic links allowed, so then I created symbolic links
for pub and library (I'm using "library" instead of "uploads").

Now I'm not sure if I needed to rename the file.  Hah.

Dr. Tom Holroyd
"A man of genius makes no mistakes. His errors are volitional and
are the portals of discovery." -- James Joyce