[Pmwiki-users] can't get uploads working

Ciaran ciaranj
Sun Dec 19 03:55:07 CST 2004

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 01:07:29 -0500 (EST), Tom Holroyd
<tomh at kurage.nimh.nih.gov> wrote:
> I've been trying to get uploads to work.  I've got $UploadDir
> etc., set, the dir is writeable, etc...
>
> I'm not getting any messages, just a record of the POST in the
> log file.  Where should I look to see what's happening, and where
> it might be going wrong?
>
> Does it give diagnostics when the file limit is exceeded?
>
> Dr. Tom Holroyd
> "A man of genius makes no mistakes. His errors are volitional and
> are the portals of discovery." -- James Joyce
>
> --

In terms of file size limitation I ran into a problem the other week
when the file was greater than 5Meg.  The errors PmWiki gave me did
*not* suggest this was to do with file length.  I just got 'no file
uploaded'.  I've not yet resolved this issue and keep meaning to bring
it up :)

[Just for reference in the pmwiki documentation it does describe how
to fix issues with file size limitations by modifying some variables
in php.ini but I've not yet managed to get this working myself :( ]

Pm: Is it possible to detect that a file couldn't be uploaded due to
being too big or is this restriction hidden from php?

- ciaran