[Pmwiki-users] PmWikiDraw uploads problem

Ciaran ciaranj
Tue Dec 14 05:20:47 CST 2004

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 11:47:51 +0000, Val Sharp <val at valsharp.co.uk> wrote:
> Patrick R. Michaud, on 13.12.04 22:05, wrote:
> >>Thanks for the hint - the site's on a UNIX server, but no doubt it'll
> >>be related somehow.
> >

> > Ciaran and I found a problem this morning with PmWikiDraw
> > interfering with browser sessions earlier -- try doing an
> > upload with a new browser session and without PmWikiDraw
> > installed and see if the problem still exists, at least so
> > I can decide if it's a PmWiki-issue or not.
>

> Before I saw this I'd just installed the latest PmWiki and PmWikiDraw,
> and fiddled around with my file permissions as well, as one does, so
> the exact nature of the problem has probably been lost ... but anyway
> I did then try uploads with PmWikiDraw disabled as you suggested and
> uploads worked fine.
>
> Within the same session, I enabled PmWikiDraw again, and that seems to
> work fine too now. (Don't know how to exit a session without simply
> waiting a while, but I'll try PmWikiDraw with a new session on its own
> later.)
>
> Sorry for the lack of proper testing, but it's working so far, and I
> suppose that's what counts  :-)
>
> BTW, with no activity, how long does a session last? - and can one
> explicitly terminate a session?
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Val
>

> --

I would strongly suggest that my fixes to PmWikiDraw have 'cured' the
issue as it fixed an identical issue elsewhere :)

As to how long a session lasts, thats usually configuration dependant.
 Opening a 'new ' browser (ideally a different one, i.e
InternetExplorer rather than firefox) will give you a new session.  To
close all sessions, if you can, just restart the web server.  I
*think* that will kill all sessions in most cases...I'm not sure if
some are clever enough to persist between restart however :)

Thanks.

--
- Ciaran