[Pmwiki-users] Recording of IP-Addresses

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sat Dec 11 06:16:19 CST 2004

On Sat, Dec 11, 2004 at 10:45:47AM +0100, Nils Knappmeier wrote:
> That reminds me: Is there an easy way to turn that recording of IP
> addresses.

I agree with Joachim's later post that the IP address is likely to
be recorded anyway in server logs; still, if you just don't want PmWiki
to be storing this information, you can put the following in config.php:

   $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] = 'suppressed';

This will store 'suppressed' as the IP address for each edit instead
of the author's IP address.  Of course, you can changed 'suppressed' to
be whatever string you want.