[Pmwiki-users] More wiki spam

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sat Dec 11 06:05:46 CST 2004

On Sat, Dec 11, 2004 at 12:36:15AM -0500, Neil Herber wrote:
> At 2004-12-10  08:09 PM -0700, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
> >Some authors may not like having their IP addresses broadcast all over
> >the world for everyone to see, which is why I haven't made this the
> >default before now.  The information is recorded, but there's a difference
> >between logging the information and making it publicly available.
>
> Then I presume the "hover to reveal" scheme would be unacceptable to to
> these folks.

Yes, but somehow it's slightly less unacceptable than having it displayed
by default.  :-)

> Is there some way to reveal the IPs in the history to the admin, but not to
> general readers? Perhaps with ?action=adminhistory (protected by the admin
> password)?

One could add a ?showip=y option to ?action=diff, and have it be protected
somehow:

   if (@$_REQUEST['showip'] == 'y' && RetrieveAuthPage($pagename,'admin'))
     $DiffStartFmt = "<div class='diffbox'><div class='difftime'>\$DiffTime
        \$[by] <span class='diffauthor'>\$DiffAuthor</span>
        [\$DiffHost]</div>";