[Pmwiki-users] more thoughts on .htaccess

Joachim Durchholz jo
Sat Dec 11 05:39:54 CST 2004

Joachim Durchholz wrote:

> Neil Herber wrote:
>
>> I feel that the page that I created here:
>> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/WebServerSecurity
>>
>> has some value, because with a default install of Apache 2, .htaccess
>> files are ignored. It provides some sample URLs to test your
>> .htaccess and make sure it is working.
>>
>> Can you scan this page and let me know if there are any errors or if
>> it is worth the electrons it takes to serve it? ;->
>
> ... well, I'm just editing the page. Take a look at it and see if you
> want to keep your name :-)

OK, I have done a total rehash. I hope it's helpful; otherwise, feel
free to roll the changes back.

Some passages allude to previous and future PmWiki versions; somebody
please check that these passages are correct since I don't know too much
about past and future PmWiki versions :-)

... Oh, and feel free to correct any other mistakes and misrepresentations.

Regards,
Jo