[Pmwiki-users] More wiki spam

Neil Herber nospam
Fri Dec 10 16:06:31 CST 2004

At 2004-12-11  11:27 AM +1300, John Rankin is rumored to have said:
>Our friendly Chinese spammer is back and smarter than ever. He has
>discovered that if he puts text into the author field, the page history
>hides the IP address. He may also have worked out how easy it is to use
>'Restore' to reactivate his links. I have done a quick change (PmWiki 1
>still) to show the IP address in brackets if the name is filled in.
>
>Perhaps this could be a featured option?

<strong opinion>
The IP address should appear at the end of the attribution line in *all*
cases. No hovering over names, no code to check if a name has been entered,
just 123.123.123.123.
</strong opinion>

Is this a PITS feature request yet? I know I asked for it vie this list but
I can't find the response.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/