[Pmwiki-users] upgrading from v2 prebeta to v2 b7?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Wed Dec 8 15:48:09 CST 2004

On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 05:19:13PM -0500, Steve Rothman wrote:
> I feel bad, because I'm sure this must be obvious, but I've hunted
> around on pmwiki.org and the last couple months of archives on this list
> and can't find a hint.
>
> I have a small wiki set up with version 2.0 pre-beta - not sure which
> release, but I think one of the later ones before beta started. I'd like
> to upgrade to 2.0b7.
>
> I find lots of instructions and hints about upgrading v1 to v2, but I
> can't find anything about going from v2.x to v2.y.

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Upgrades

Basically, you just copy the files of the new version over the
existing one.  The major difference between the v2.0.devel releases
and the v2.0.beta is the skins handling code -- you'll want to
set $Skin = 'skindir'; instead of using $PageTemplateFmt or $PageSkinsFmt
which were used prior to 2.0.beta.  See PmWiki.LayoutBasics for details
on that.

And feel free to ask if you run into any other issues!