[Pmwiki-users] pmwiki-2.0.beta7 released

Neil Herber nospam
Wed Dec 8 11:12:17 CST 2004

At 2004-12-08  10:06 AM -0700, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
> > How does an .htaccess file get into wiki.d/? The tarball does not have a
> > wiki.d/  directory (as expected). Is this a scripted action or just a typo?
>
>Scripted.  Unlike the local/ directory, PmWiki *does* expect to be able
>to write things into wiki.d/ and so it creates a default wiki.d/.htaccess
>file if one doesn't exist.  This is to prevent people from doing things
>like
>
>    http://www.pmwiki.org/pmwiki/wiki.d/Main.Sandbox
>
>and viewing the contents of the wiki.d files directly.

Patrick

I presume the scripting only takes place on initial installs, because my
wiki.d/ is completely free of .htaccess, and I have upgraded to 2.0beta7.

Given the potential variety of platforms that PmWiki can run on, an
installer is a far-away dream and I would rather see your limited resources
concentrated on PmWiki proper. The installation description could be
improved by adding in alternative platforms. So for example:
InstallingOnLinux, InstallingOnWindows, etc. I can contribute content to a
Windows page.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/