[Pmwiki-users] pmwiki-2.0.beta7 released

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Wed Dec 8 08:56:05 CST 2004

I've just released pmwiki-2.0.beta7, which provides a number of improvements
and changes.

First, this release provides a scripts/xlpage-utf-8.php file, which
adapts PmWiki to be able to work somewhat with utf-8 characters in
pagenames. Since PHP's preg_* functions seem to be unable to detect
UTF-8 alphanumeric characters, the trade-off at the moment is that
WikiWord links are limited to the ASCII character set.  However, UTF-8
characters in [[...]] markup do work as pagenames, which brings it to
a level of usability we haven't had before.  We're working on ways to
get around the WikiWord restriction, however.

The xlpage-utf-8.php script can be loaded by using

    include_once('scripts/xlpage-utf-8.php');

or it is automatically loaded by any XLPage translation that specifies
'xlpage-i18n' => 'utf-8'.

This release also:

 * fixes up the .htaccess files that are placed in local/ and wiki.d/
 * changes the default textarea size for the pmwiki skin,
 * restores the link/citation markup ([[target |#]])
 * fixes the default value of $DefaultPageTextFmt (note this may change again)
 * automatically converts instances of $Newline in posted text

Comments, questions to pmwiki-users or PITS as always.