[Pmwiki-users] Re: more thoughts on .htaccess

Knut Alboldt pmwiki
Tue Dec 7 04:25:47 CST 2004

Gunnar Wagenknecht wrote:
> Neil Herber schrieb:
>
>> Please note that I am an Apache newbie and this could be wildly wrong.
>> Can someone confirm or correct please??
>

> I'm also not an Apache expert but I tend to say "it's up to you". If you
> have access to the Apache configuration files then you can do it that
> way. But PmWiki can also be installed on shared webhosting packages
> where clients don't have access to the Apache configuration files.

I agree, and even if the .htaccess-files are delivered with pmwiki, you can
switch .htaccess-processing off in http.conf (per directory) and gain the
performance improvement (if you've access to the httpd.conf-file) that way. So
everyone would be happy.

Maybe the hint for the httpd.conf-entry should go into a cookbook-entry.

Knut