[Pmwiki-users] pmwiki-2.0.beta6 released

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Dec 6 15:36:10 CST 2004

On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 09:54:00AM +1300, John Rankin wrote:

> In beta 5, how come print.php doesn't have a global statement?
> If this is a bug, I rest my case.

Yes, it's a bug (there's several bugs in print.php at the moment),
and I agreed with your case to begin with.  I'm just not sure which
is the better of the evils.

> Hmmm, if one has to declare /some/ things in a local/ script, one
> may as well declare everything. At the moment, I have put the scripts
> in the skin dir, but am loading them from local/config.php -- which
> seems not very sensible.

Agreed -- why not just make the variables global in the skin scripts.
Seems more straightforward than loading them from local/config.php.

> Yes, the trouble is that skinx/skinx.php loads in the middle of SetSkin.
> One could split it into 3 pieces I suppose...

Well, my choices are basically to eliminate SetSkin or say that
any skinx.php/skin.php file that wants to access a global variable has
to declare them global.  I'm on the fence at the moment.  Plus I need
to figure out how to restore the print.php capabilities anyway --
$UrlLinkTextFmt and its friends don't currently work.