[Pmwiki-users] Problem with %define= ... %

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu Dec 2 14:54:57 CST 2004

On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 10:30:36AM +1300, John Rankin wrote:
> I'll see if I can make smart quotes either load after % ... % or
> pass over text inside % ... %.
>
> And IIRC, PmWiki 2 allows us to define class names, so the effect
> could also be achieved through an external style definition.

Well, that doesn't always help an author who doesn't have access
to the css definitions.  But I guess I could (re-)introduce the
(:css .class { ... } :) markup to define classes within wiki pages.
Then someone would do

    (:css .box { border:1px solid black; } :)

    %box% This text is in a box.

to get the effect desired.  I guess that's not so bad -- it certainly
brings CSS more to the forefront.  At the moment I forget (and can't
easily check) if PmWiki 2 is able to handle multiple class specifications
in a wikistyle, or how many browsers support it.

    (:css .box { border:1px solid black; } :)
    (:css .bgyellow { background-color:yellow; } :)

    %box bgyellow%  How does this appear?