markup quick ref (was: Re: [Pmwiki-users] pmwiki.org converted to 2.0.devel27)

John Rankin john.rankin
Wed Dec 1 13:56:12 CST 2004

On Thursday, 2 December 2004 3:29 AM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
>On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 12:14:23AM -0500, Neil Herber wrote:
>> I bashed together something in HTML and posted it here:
>> http://www2.eton.ca/pmwiki_cheat_sheet.html
>> Someone more skilled in CSS can probably make it inherit the skin
>> appearance.
>
>It looks pretty good, although as written it's probably takes up a bit too
>much screen space to fit as part of the edit page directly.  It'd have
>to go in a separate pop-up window (which might have been intended anyway),
>or we'd need to make the font-sizes smaller.
>
>Pm

We might consider splitting the edit quick reference into 2 chunks,
one that displays below (or above) the edit box and one that renders
to the left or right, pushing down the normal sidebar (or appearing
below it). It is easy to modify the template to include a page only
if action=edit.

In the side bar chunk, put markups used for structuring the overall
shape of the page: such as headings, lists, tables and footnotes.

In the below (or above) chunk, put markups that help the author get
across specific messages, such as inline markups and links.

I'll see if I can make an example...

--
JR