[Pmwiki-users] Per-page customized sidebars

Knut Alboldt mailing
Tue Aug 31 01:09:23 CDT 2004

Hi Alex !

At 22:44 30.08.2004, you wrote:
>Hello everyone,
>
>I'd like to customize my sidebar according to the page that is displayed
>in the current group. This would consist of adding a little bit of text to
>give links of interest for people looking for more informations about the
>topic of the page.
>
>I've tried to insert the following into my sidebar:
>
>[[include:[[$Title]]#begininfos#endinfos]] in order to insert a short part
>of the current page. Unfortunately it doesn't like having [[$Title]]
>within [[include:]]. Would anyone have another suggestion to achieve this?

In the Cookbook for pmwiki v1.x I described a possibility to use
groupspecific sidebars. Should be easy to customize it to use pagespecific
as well. Ok, the disadvantage is, that you have to define an include for
each pagename explicitly.
see: http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/IfGroup

Knut