[Pmwiki-users] Alt. way of adding images to pages?

Gary Hodgson gary.hodgson
Wed Aug 18 13:59:18 CDT 2004

Hi all,

I've been trying to implement the following functionality but
unfortunately I am a complete newbie to PHP (and pmWiki) and am not
getting anywhere.  If anyone else has done something similar then I
would really appreciate any help.

I am trying to modify the upload functionality so that if the extension
of the uploaded file is an image then the URL of the uploaded file is
shown instead of the "Attach:filename.ext" link.  My thinking is that
this would allow people to upload images into a page inline without
having to ftp files to the web server, or having to attach the file
first and then manually modifying the entry. (believe it or not this is
too difficult/problematic for the target audience)

Naturally I may be overlooking an even easier way of showing images in a
page - please feel free to point out the error of my ways.

Thanks,
Gary