[Pmwiki-users] PmWiki as CMS for a normal non-wiki website?

Rene Pijlman rene
Thu Aug 12 14:43:12 CDT 2004

I'm looking for a wiki engine that can be used as a basic CMS
for a normal (non-wiki) website. Would PmWiki be a good choice?

Specifically, what I'd like is:

1. The admin assigns usernames/password to designated editors.
The editors need to know the URL and need to login. They see the
usual wiki with full editing capabilities.

2. Anonymous visitors see a regular website with a custom skin,
no wiki functions, no edit etc. Preferably, anonymous visitors
do not see links to non-existent pages (so no edit link that
challenges them to create the page).

Is this setup possible with PmWiki? If so, I'd really appreciate
some quick guidance and pointers on how to go about this. TIA.

--
Regards / Groeten,  http://www.leren.nl
Ren? Pijlman        http://www.applinet.nl