[Pmwiki-users] help! saving page = *poof* page gone

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri Aug 6 21:42:54 CDT 2004

On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 01:30:53PM -0400, Kass Lloyd wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 08:14:11 -0600, Patrick R. Michaud
> <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> > P.S.:  Yes, there does appear to be at least environment where saving
> > pages to a full disk causes information to be lost, but in this case
> > I believe that the OS (or PHP) is not properly reporting write errors
> > back to PmWiki.  There's not a lot that PmWiki can do in the face of
> > a completely broken OS or PHP environment.  :-)
>
> Couldn't you write the file, then read it back in and compair that it
> contains the info it should, then if it does delete the old file?

Yes, but somehow that seems like a fair amount of overhead for every
file save, especially since there won't be a problem 99.9% of the time.
OTOH, saving a page is an infrequent operation, so perhaps it's worth
the extra cost in efficiency.  I'll have to think about it some more.