[Pmwiki-users] Preventing acronyms from being treated as wikiwords?

Steven Leite steven_leite
Wed Apr 28 08:55:28 CDT 2004

Dont' forget you can also wrap your acronym in [=  =] syntax.

Myself, I just disabled WikiWords all together, and that solves all my problems :-)

-S
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Patrick R. Michaud
  To: Christian Ridderstr?m
  Cc: pmwiki-users at pmichaud.com
  Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2004 6:29 AM
  Subject: Re: [Pmwiki-users] Preventing acronyms from being treated as wikiwords?

  On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 03:12:35PM +0200, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
  > Hi
  >
  > How do I prevent words such as 'RS232', 'COM1' etc from being treated as
  > wiki-words? (If my memory isn't wrong, this behaviour is new in PmWiki?).

  Nope, it's not new--it's been this way for a very long time (since 0.3).

  However, you can protect individual words using $WikiWordCount:

     $WikiWordCount['RS232'] = 0;
     $WikiWordCount['COM1'] = 0;

  or if you want to disallow this particular pattern entirely, you can
  change the definition of $WikiWordPattern to require at least one lowercase
  letter (don't have time to write it now--let me know if you want this).