[Pmwiki-users] View **ALL** edits.

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu Apr 22 23:02:00 CDT 2004

On Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 12:27:00AM -0400, Kass Lloyd wrote:
> The Main.AllRecentChanges doesn't show minor edits? Is there a page I
> can view that will show me every ABSOUTELY ever change made to the site?

Main.AllRecentChanges and all of the RecentChanges pages show every edit --
they aren't restricted to just the major edits.

> In maybe a way to refine the view by last 24 hours, or 5 days or
> whatever..  Could all edits be saved in some special data file that a special
> keyword " Main.AllRecentChanges" will instead of displaying a
> traditional page, display a more informative section to view changes by
> date, user, view ips, etc.. So that if someone changes some miniscule
> page somewhere in the site and marks it a minor edit, I will know.

Sure, this could be done--but so far nobody's stood up to say "I really
need this feature" or given a reasonably complete description of what
it should look like.  In keeping with PmWikiPhilosophy #3, I haven't
implemented anything like this yet.

You might want to add an entry for this to Development.DevelopmentPriority
and see if it gets much support.  Note that such a feature could also
be created as a Cookbook module without having to modify PmWiki.