[Pmwiki-users] Cookbook-Modules II

Nils Knappmeier nk
Thu Apr 22 09:15:42 CDT 2004

PM,

this is another thing that came to my mind when thinking about the
difficult installation of the WikiCalendar:

In Debian GNU/Linux, there is a trend that goes from monolithic config
files to config dirs.
This means, that instead of a file, there is a directory now, and every
package puts its part of the config file into a file in the config
directory. This makes it easier to handle updates, remove parts of the
file, seperate the configuration of the modules from each other.

So what would you think about this: Instead of config.php, we have many
files config-xxx.php

All files "local/config(-.+)?\.php" are read instead of just config.php
and used as the global configuration.
Alternatively, an action "updateconfig" could append all the files into
an autogenerated config file, so that not all the files have to be read
all the time.

What do you think about that?

Nils