[Pmwiki-users] Utility Request

Jonathan Scott Duff duff
Sun Apr 18 11:18:42 CDT 2004

On Sun, Apr 18, 2004 at 08:35:11PM -0700, Steven Leite wrote:
> I have an old wiki site (UseMod Wiki) that I would like to convert over to
> PmWiki.  It's rather large, so cutting and pasting the old site page by page
> isn't an option.  But at the same time, spending 24 hours writing a script
> to do the conversion also isn't time worthy, because I could probably
> cut-and-paste the entire website in 3-4 hours time.

Sounds like it would be worthy undertaking to me ... if you then made
your program available to be part of the pmwiki distribution.  Then
others could have the same advantage as you.

> Anybody have any ideas?
>
> I've examined the format of the UseMod db files, and it's not too terribly
> difficult to understand, but I'm a bit weak with PHP.  I also don't fully
> understand how PmWiki reads/writes records to it's own DB (although it's a
> heck of a lot simpler than UseMod from what I've seen).

If you don't care to preserve the page history, you could use a
program like pmwe to do an automatic cut-n-paste for you.

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff
duff at pobox.com