[Pmwiki-users] Brainstorm (Page Locks)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue Apr 13 08:06:31 CDT 2004

On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 12:57:16PM +0200, Thomas -Balu- Walter wrote:
> The best way IMHO is the one Pm is going to implement (if I got the mail
> right):
> Two users can edit a page at the same time. The first one that stores
> the page "wins". If the second user stores the changes get merged into
> the version of the first user.
>
> If the changes overlap the second user get's a message that there is a
> conflict (with the lines marked somehow) and that this needs to be
> handled (by the user) somehow.

Actually, I was going to implement it such that the second author would
get a message that the page changed even if the merge didn't detect a
direct conflict.  Some edits might semantically conflict even if they
don't directly conflict (e.g., if the second user makes reference to
something that was deleted by the first user).