[Pmwiki-users] Re: simultaneous edit corruption?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri Apr 9 09:02:32 CDT 2004

On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 12:48:07AM -0700, Konstantin Zadorozhny wrote:
>     Why dont do that the way CVS "kind of" solves that problem? On page
> submit try to merge two versions of page. If any conflicts happend don't
> update database and let the submitter to resolve them. Then user can repeat
> to submit page again. That is pretty simple and well known approach for me.

Simple?  What's the algorithm for performing the merge and finding
the conflicts?  I'll be happy to implement it if it's indeed a "simple"
algorithm.

I certainly don't want to require people to have a working copy of CVS
installed in order to be able to perform simultaneous edits, and it
doesn't really help Windows users.  :-)