[Pmwiki-users] Hack Request or Permissions Help

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu Apr 8 09:37:30 CDT 2004

On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 09:17:50PM -0700, Steven Leite wrote:
> I'd be interested in a hack / add-on that loosen's the current PmWiki
> security settings for read/write access to the wiki.d directory.  Either
> before, during or after the initial installation.  [...]
> I do a lot of my editing off-line.  So I create pages on my windows box.
> Then after some time, I bulk-upload new or updated pages to my unix server
> with my ftp client.  Problem:  permission denied.

The solution to this is to create the wiki.d directory manually,
give it full permissions (777), and add the line

   umask(0);

to your config.php.  This will cause PmWiki to create all of its files
with full read/write permissions.

In addition, if you upload or copy files into the wiki.d directory, you
likewise have to be sure that they have full write access if you want
PmWiki to be able to modify them.  This can often be done by executing
"umask 0" in your FTP program prior to uploading, or by doing
"chmod 666" on each of the upload files after they're uploaded to the
server.

Or, you can use the fixperms.php script to just fix everything--
after uploading your local files into the wiki.d directory, run PmWiki
with "?action=fixallperms" and it'll adjust any file permissions
that need adjusting.