[Pmwiki-users] Newbie question - how to set the "root" page of agroup

Steven Leite steven_leite
Thu Apr 8 00:05:17 CDT 2004

> > How do I define what page the "root" page of a group is? I ask primarily
because
> > I just created a new group, but if a user clicks on the root of that
group, it
> > directs them back to Main/HomePage.
>
> The default root page of a group is the same name of the group, and if
> that page doesn't exist then it's the page given by the $DefaultTitle
> variable.  $DefaultTitle is initialized to "HomePage" but can be changed
> in config.php to be something else.

I struggled with this very same problem this morning.  I think there's still
one un-answered question here, which is, how to change that behaviour if the
Group/Group page doesn't exist, and the Group/DefaultPage doesn't exist,
then what?  Instead of being re-directed back to the Main/HomePage, it makes
more sense to go to the page and have the "Describe PageName? here." message
displayed.

If it's possible, then how to change that behaviour?  This is a great newbie
question, and I think it will come up again in the future.

Thanks!

-S