[Pmwiki-users] cache.php question..

Brian bcook-pmwiki
Sun Apr 4 07:39:40 CDT 2004

> Hello all,
>
> I just started using cache.php and it does seem to help speed things up,
> but it does a strange thing on cached pages.
>
> It puts the $Group.$PageName in the upper left of every page that comes
> out of the cache.
>
> I enabled the debug thinking that might show me something but all it does
> it what it says it does, which is put a [Cached] heading in the title.
>
> So how do I use the cache w/o having the extra writing?
>
> an example of this can be seen at:
>
> http://wiki.bsdwebsolutions.com/
>
> The page HomePage is part of the group BsdWebSol
>
> I thank you for taking the time to read this message.
>
> - Brian
>
> --

So the text is still being displayed, and I think the instructions (at
least) are wrong, because when followed to the letter don't work :)

http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Cookbook/SimplePageCache

Says this:
 Installation

Put cache.php in your local/ directory and add

    include_once("local/cache.php");

to your local.php file.

I'm going to assume that this shouldn't be 'local.php' literally but
rather your literal 'config.php' for either the whole site or your group.

As when it's the literal local.php no caching occours, as the [Cached]
title tag no longer shows.

For what it's worth.. maybe it will trigger something in someone memory
about what they did to get this to work.

Thank you for your time.

- Brian