[Pmwiki-users] Passwords - crypt error

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue Sep 16 15:22:35 CDT 2003

On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 07:09:22PM +1000, Nathan Jones wrote:

> $DefaultPasswords['edit'] = array(crypt('foo'));
>
> The main problem is this error:
>
> Warning: crypt() expects parameter 2 to be string, array given in
> /home/optimo/public_html/pmwiki/pmwiki.php on line 1017

It's a bug in pmwiki.php, sorry about that.  I'll fix it in the
next release.  If you aren't planning to use the $AllowPassword feature,
you can simply comment out the line with the error in it (i.e., line
1017) until the next release.  $DefaultPasswords is supposed to allow
arrays of passwords--I just forgot to handle that possibility when
I added the $AllowPassword feature.

In answer to the question about sessionauth.php:
The sessionauth.php changes the authentication mechanism to use session-based
methods (and an HTML password form) instead of using HTTP-based authentication.
Some web servers and configurations of PHP don't allow HTTP-based
authentication to work, and some administrators would like to be able
to customize the password prompt--sessionauth.php allows this to happen.
Beyond that, they're supposed to be roughly identical in terms of
functionality.