[Pmwiki-users] Re: PATH_INFO (was: Setting page-level passwords)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Sep 8 22:40:48 CDT 2003

On Sun, Sep 07, 2003 at 08:17:00PM -0700, pmwiki at mdrain.mailshell.com wrote:
> Oops.  I spoke too soon.  Setting $EnablePathInfo=1 in my local.php does
> change my URLs to the appropriate format and updates them in the browser's
> address bar when I click an internal link, but the pages don't change to
> match the URL.  They stay on Main.HomePage unless I click a link that
> has an ?action attached; then everything works as expected.
>
> I've reviewed pmwiki.php and searched for help online, but I don't
> understand what's going on.  What am I missing?

The problem is that PmWiki isn't reading the PATH_INFO line because
it thinks that the cgi-bin configuration doesn't support it.  Try making it
explicit--at the beginning of your local.php file, try setting:

  $EnablePathInfo = 1;
  if (!$pagename) $pagename=@substr($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['PATH_INFO'],1);

and see if that resolves the problem.  I'm hoping to come up with
a version of PmWiki that resolves this problem, but so far I haven't
found the magic incantation for autodetection--what works in one configuration
causes another one to fail.  :-(