[Pmwiki-users] Re: PATH_INFO (was: Setting page-level passwords)

Carlo Strozzi carlos
Mon Sep 8 03:10:55 CDT 2003

On Sun, Sep 07, 2003 at 08:17:00PM -0700, pmwiki at mdrain.mailshell.com wrote:
> Oops.  I spoke too soon.  Setting $EnablePathInfo=1 in my local.php does change my URLs to the appropriate format and updates them in the browser's address bar when I click an internal link, but the pages don't change to match the URL.  They stay on Main.HomePage unless I click a link that has an ?action attached; then everything works as expected.
>
> I've reviewed pmwiki.php and searched for help online, but I don't understand what's going on.  What am I missing?

Well, I don't know really. I use PmWiki as a CGI script rather than
in the "standard" way, and I managed to get it to work as expected.
Try the following, which is more of a work-around than a solution
(if it works at all). In your local.php:

           if (!isset($action)) action = "browse";

or, alternatively:

           if ($action == "") action = "browse";

and see what happens. Either one or the other should work
(I'm not a PHP expert :-)

Carlo
--
For best reading please set the Courier font.
Freedom for Business: http://swpat.ffii.org