[Pmwiki-users] Setting page-level passwords

pmwiki@mdrain.mailshell.com pmwiki
Sun Sep 7 15:27:44 CDT 2003

Thanks.  I did have a password set using .htaccess and have removed it.  I now have seen PmWiki's password screen for the first time.  But I have another problem that's preventing passwords from working.

Every other Wiki that I've seen using PmWiki has straightforward URLs like www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Main/WikiSandbox.  All of my URLs follow this format: www.modernpatient.org/wiki/pmwiki.php?pagename=Main.WikiSandbox.  I can't figure out how to set things so that my URLs appear like the first ones.  If I edit the URL to www.modernpatient.org/wiki/Main/WikiSandbox so that I can use ?action=attr, I'm just returned to the Main HomePage.

I've followed all of the steps at http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/PmWiki/Installation.  Setting $ScriptUrl (or not) doesn't have any effect.

My host is running Apache/1.3.27 and PHP version 4.3.3.  Could the older version of Apache be the culprit or have I skipped a step or customization feature?

Thanks for your help.