[Pmwiki-users] Feature request?

J. Perkins jason
Sat Nov 1 06:17:10 CST 2003

In addition to all of my public sites, I am using a private installation
of PmWiki as a "mind map" where I keep track of...well, just about
everything. In order to keep things organized, I started to split it up
into different groups for each topic. Each group has a main page with
the same name as the group, so it looks like "PmWiki.PmWiki". The with
this approach is that every time I mention the topic in a different
group, I have to give the fully qualified "PmWiki/PmWiki" to make the
link. I did this for a while and then got annoyed and modified
pmwiki.php to automatically look for $title.$title if plain old $title
didn't work. In the function "FmtWikiLink", I changed the last few lines to:

   if (PageExists("$group.$title")) $fmt=$WikiPageExistsFmt;
   elseif (PageExists("$title.$title")) { $group=$title;
$fmt=$WikiPageExistsFmt; }
   elseif (preg_match('/\\s/',$txt)) $fmt=$WikiPageCreateSpaceFmt;
   else $fmt=$WikiPageCreateFmt;

I added the first "elseif" clause there. Now this works great, but it
requires me to edit pmwiki.php every release to make it work. Is there
any way to achieve this same result via an addon?

Thanks!

Jason