[Pmwiki-users] Orphaned pages search?

Tom Hoover tom-exp-1054179159.43ab72 at hisword.net
Fri May 23 22:32:39 CDT 2003

I've been looking for months for the perfect wiki for my use...I believe
I found it in pmwiki.  I've used several other wikis, but was never
totally satisfied with any of them.  I almost never looked at pmwiki, as
it always turned up in my google searches as an advertisement...I
usually avoid the ads, but I'm glad that I finally took at look!  Now,
on to my question...

Has anyone written an extension to pmwiki to "search" for orphaned pages
(i.e. those pages that aren't linked to from any other page)?  The
reason for my interest is that I threw together a quick little bash
script to create a pmwiki page from an email.  I use it to quickly add
misc info to my wiki.  I use procmail to pipe the incoming message to my
script, which processes the message and stores it as a wiki page.  All
of the created pages are "orphaned", as the page was created before the
link.  It's no problem creating the "link" later, but an "orphaned
pages" search would make it much easier for me to locate the pages
needing to be linked.  I hope that made sense...  :-)

If anyone is interested in the script and the procmail receipe, let me
know.  If it's OK with the list owner, I could also attach the script to
a message (it's short).

If no one has ever written such an extension, I guess that it would be a
good time for me to develop my php programming skills!  :-)