[Pmwiki-users] issue with authentification and page passwd

Eric.TOMIO@st.com eric.tomio at st.com
Fri May 23 04:53:01 CDT 2003

Hello

I have started to play with pmwiki
and I am impressed by the quality of the application
and the clever implementation

I have the following  question  :
I have run pmwiki within a web site without any
authentification and passwd protection and all features
regarding pages password is working fine

But I want the very same within a web area that
is secured with ldap mod autentification
We just want user to be identified
we do not protect on a user name basis
thus we have a require valid user in httpd.conf
In this case when we proctect a page we loop between
the apache AuthName and the pmwiki AuthName
without exiting . This is linked to te realm beeing different
Even twiking to the same realm doesn't work

Any idea on how to configure the web server ?

I was thinking to modify the authentification for
wiki by prompting the user with an html form
but this is far less clever than the current implementation

Eric

--
| Eric TOMIO  | eric.tomio at st.com                   |
|             |  TEL: (33) 4 5040 2874              |