[Pmwiki-users] More include issues

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Mon May 5 20:50:21 CDT 2003

When including text from another group, is it possible to have the included
text show in it's own style?

For example:  If I wanted to have all included GRating text in green, PG13
in blue, NC17 in amber/orange and XXX in red...so that a XXX user can tell
what level they are reading in a single page with several includes, for
example...is there a way to go about automating this?  Or would each
[[include:GroupName.PageName]] need to have style markers around it?

This will help when a reader is trying to get used to what types of
information go at each level, and also helps seasoned users who are editing
pages figure out what group to put their pages into.

Essentially, my site will be a(n auto)biography.  There's just things that
my kids can't know, my mom doesn't *want* to know, but that my friends can
know...etc.  However, having 4 different detail-level versions of a single
event seems cumbersome.  The includes allow me to make comments giving
*more* detail at various levels within one page, and someone viewing it at a
higher level will have more information than someone viewing the same event
at a lower level.

I haven't let people run amuk in what I have so far, so I have no idea what
kind of havoc they're going to do:  The majority of my family are not
programming geeks with good computer savvy :)  My friends are otherwise and
catch on quick.  Thankfully my family will probably only have up to PG13
access, and can't do TOO much damage because they don't really know NC17-XXX
details of my life :)

Crisses
--
...these people all seem pretty drama-less :)  That's a shame if you're
looking for actors, but great when you're looking for love ;)